Medusa 18K Yellow Gold Lapis, Wood Necklace
The over-80-year-old Brazilian jewelry house—one of the country’s most prominent—was founded by the man who discovered Brazil’s first emerald mine. Cast in recycled 18k yellow gold and exquisite locally sourced stones, the pieces here nod to the lushness and hues of the Amazon rainforest.
This amulet necklace portrays an allegory which has stood the test of time: the myth of the legendary Medusa, capable of turning those who gaze into her eyes to stone. Lapis lazuli is crafted in beads and cuts to emulate Roman columns, while the powerful emblem is handcrafted in wood. The necklace molds into the body of a snake and its closure features a diamond rattle.
- Hook fastening
- Composition: 18k yellow gold, lapis lazuli 39.19ct, garnet 1.80ct, diamond 0.16ct
- Made in Brazil
- Please note the possibility of natural inclusions in gemstones
If you would like to consult with a fine jewelry expert please email Jules Smith
Product Code 974070
- Length measures 40cm/ 15.7" length
- Center measures 5.5 x 5cm
- Item is returnable within 14 days for a full refund. Learn more.