Emerald Antologia Ancestral Earrings
These earrings are hand-woven in Iraca palm fibers by Juanita Castilo's artisan association. Juanita is a leader artisan from Nariño - Colombia, empowering 204 women artisans from Sandoná and helping preserve this precious heritage. Traditionally, men are in charge of collecting the Iraca at night during a waning moon, selecting its color and fineness. After cleaning and washing, and some times dyeing, women at all ages start weaving at family workshops. The dyes are extracted from seeds, leaves, branches, beef tongue, walnut, black cedar and minerals to obtain a wide color palette. With this beautiful artisan technique, pieces with abstractions of seashells were made to evoke the idea of sea and sand that transport us to a vacation paradise.
- Emerald post, gold-tone setting, shell drop
- Post fastening for pierced ears
- Composition: 40% natural sea shell, 30% Iraca Palm, 24% Emerald, 6% copper alloys
- Made in Colombia
- Due to its handmade nature, size and color may slightly vary
Product Code 858667
- Item is returnable within 28 days for a full refund. Learn more.